Today, I will keep the post short and sweet because, let's be honest, nobody wants to work on Christmas, but I do want to bring something to the forefront of all our minds.
When the holidays begin with Thanksgiving, we all suddenly want to help others, we all donate whatever we can, food, time, money or clothes. We do everything in our power to feel like better people, to help those in need and to make the world a slightly better place. This is a good thing, of course it is, but those in need don't only need during the holidays, and the rest of the year we all tend to forget all about helping as we get busy with life.
This is my little bit of something, this is my reminder for myself and for everyone else who reads this that we can help even when the holidays are not upon us.
Here are a few simple ways to give, even when you get busy:
- Purchase from companies that support causes you believe in
- Clean out your closet and donate it
- When you go grocery shopping, buy a few extra cans and donate those
- If you can, donate money to causes you support
- Give your time to soup kitchens on the weekends
Giving needn't be difficult, make it a way of life and let us all together make the world a better place.